Tools and equipment at CNM2 may be used after completion of general cleanroom training as well as training on tools needed within the cleanroom. Members are reminded that qualification to enter the lab or use a tool does not imply skill sufficient to accomplish any particular experimental goal. Rather, it represents a “fishing license”, an opportunity to explore the lab and tools inside without presenting an undue threat to self, others or the equipment.
As of 05/31/13:
UC Users: Cleanroom Access
- $20/hour for cleanroom use +$50 monthly access fee;
- Cleanroom Access hourly charges, including $50 membership fee, capped: $1000/month (per person)
- $58/hour for staff services, no limit
- $10/hour for student assistant services, no limit
- Equipment charges are separate additional charges to the time spent in the cleanroom: CNM2 Equipment Rates
UC Users: Microscopy and Non-Cleanroom lab Access
- No charges for room access or membership fee
- Billing information for microscopes: CNM2 Equipment Rates
Non-UC or Industrial Users
- $60/hour for general lab use, no limit
- $92/hour for staff services, no limit
- $30/hour for student assistant services, no limit
Equipment in the lab is offered on an “as-is” basis, with no warranties expressed or implied. It is the labmember’s responsibility to understand tools’ features, operation and limitations. That being said, staff are available for free project consultations.